Web Development Course Mentor
At Thinkful, we believe that if schools put in even half the amount of effort that students do the outcomes would be better for everyone.
We put in outlandish amounts of effort to create an education that offers our students a guaranteed return on their investment. we partner with employers to create a world-class curriculum built for today. We go to ends of the earth to find mentors who are the best of the best.
As a Course Mentor, you will support students by acting as an advisor, counselor, and support system as they complete the course and land their first industry job. To achieve this, you will engage with students using the below range of approaches.
- Mentor Sessions: Meet with students 1-on-1 in online video sessions to provide technical and professional support as the student progresses through the curriculum.
- Group Sessions: Host online video sessions on topics of your expertise (in alignment with curriculum offerings) for groups of student seeking live support between mentor sessions.
- Grading: Reviewing student checkpoints submissions and delivering written feedback, including analysis of projects and portfolios.
- Technical Coaching: Provide in-demand support to technical questions and guidance requests that come to the Technical Coaching team through text and video in a timely manner. This team also provides the TA support for immersive programs.
- Assessments & Mock Interviews: Conduct 1-on-1 mock interviews and assessments via video calls and provide written feedback to students based on assessment rubrics.
- 3+ years relevant professional work experience
- Node.JS and React.JS at an industry level; full MERN stack proficiency a plus
- Demonstrates genuine student advocacy and empathy for beginners
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be coachable and adaptable to a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection and webcam
- Teaching, mentoring and/or coaching experience a plus
- This is a part-time role (10-25 hours a week)
- Fully remote position, with a flexible schedule
- Access to all of Thinkful Courses for your continued learning
- Community of 500+ like-minded professionals looking to impact others and keep their skills sharp
- Grow and develop as an educator with your managing Squad Lead and Squad
Powered by Froala Editor