The Technical Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Life Cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, editorial, marketing to deliver projects in a timely manner, serve as the first gatekeeper of the product. The Technical Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that helps internal team to improve internal applications and drive efficiency
- Create buy-in for the product vision internally
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes (PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification)
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business goal and overall impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with multiple teams and executives to identify priorities and timeline
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Independently executing manual and automated test plans and test scripts based on planned project schedules and in accordance with QA methodology.
- Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests scripts, pre-deployment, and post-deployment.
- Participates in Testing Production Support
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Product Manager / Project Manager
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Fluent in English
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies and SCRUM including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks, cost-estimation, budget, and issues
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Proven ability to lead software development projects (with mixed remote team members) and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met;
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Trello, Asana, or equivalent, Office Tools;
Powered by Froala Editor