Disney Streaming Services Design is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building best-in-class products around exclusive content for a global audience. We live in the space where art and science meet, connecting data, technology and human-centric design principles to craft a compelling end-to-end experience. We believe in researching customer needs, innovating through technology, delivering at the highest standard of craft and positioning, cultivating a culture of collaboration, celebrating wins, but never settling.
About the role Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch sports, movies and television. Fans demand content on their own terms: anywhere, anytime on any device. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what’s possible.
We are looking for a senior product designer to join our growing design practice. This designer can identify the needs of real users and iterate through sketching, prototyping and testing until they arrive at a solution that exceeds user expectations. Your influence will not only have a major impact on this team, but collectively, your work will be used and adored by millions worldwide.
Our Ideal Senior Product Designer Will...
● Follow a user-centered design process, understanding real users motivations, behaviors and goals.
● Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
● Rapidly produce multiple solutions using sketches, wireframes and prototypes while instinctively knowing the proper level of detail to present to communicate your point of view while remaining optimally efficient.
● Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy.
● Partner with researchers to validate your solutions and practice evidence based design.
● Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
● Actively participate in feedback loops from design crits to stakeholder reviews to 1:1s
● Contribute to our internal processes: design systems, prototyping toolkits, research playbook
Basic Qualifications :
Our Ideal Senior Product Designer Is:
● Collaborative, working well within a team environment, while also able to function as an individual contributor with self-direction and accountability
● Adaptable and receptive to design feedback
● Comfortable speaking with internal stakeholders, with strong interpersonal skills
● Strategic and thinking about how their work solves user, team and business needs
● Focused and detail-oriented, carefully reviewing your work at all stages
● Proactive in communicating and documenting project progress, status, and workload
● A systems thinker, looking towards building sustainable and scalable solutions through reusable design patterns and libraries
● Up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies, eager to learn and share with the design tea
Our Ideal Senior Product Designer Has:
● 5+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies
● A portfolio showcasing your process for problem-solving and interaction design
● Experience designing for multiple platforms, particularly connected devices, a huge plus
● Experience creating minimum viable products, utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
● Expert skills in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Abstract, Zeplin
● Proficiency with prototyping (Principle, Framer, Proto.io) and animation (After Effects) software a plus
● Proficiency in HTML/CSS a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong conceptual and design sense, and able to execute across a range of digital experiences
● Bachelor’s degree in design or related field required