Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
- San Francisco, CA – Remote OK
Would you like to work at a dynamic startup company as we achieve an exciting new level of growth and success?
Are you ready to join a team committed to our values and culture as we work together to remake the employee benefits industry?
Who We Are:
The Limelight Heath Software Platform is changing the employee benefits industry with its revolutionary SaaS-based, mobile/desktop, enterprise solution.
As a VC backed, successful, private company, with multiple awards, Limelight Health has recently raised $33.5 million in Series C funding round, allowing for further expansion, and continued success. This, along with industry veterans at the helm, and the strength of major investment partners including Wells Fargo Capital Finance, Plug & Play, AXA Venture Partners, Mass Mutual Ventures, and Principal Financial Group, ensures the company is well positioned for continued expansion.
Limelight Health is largely remote with offices in San Francisco, Redding, and Des Moines. No matter where you’re located, we focus on providing a flexible work environment and atmosphere.
Human Resources Business Partner, Overview:
Limelight Health’s People Ops team is looking for an HRBP who specializes in the operational aspects of HR, including benefits, total compensation, compliance and policy. This new member of the team should love developing process, have a particularly keen attention to detail and thrive in a quickly scaling work environment.
A close partner to the Director of People and Culture, our new HRBP will be treated as a subject expert in the above areas and given a large amount of responsibility and autonomy in their role. In addition, you will need to be comfortable moving between strategy and execution, depending on current needs.
You will thrive in this role, if:
- You truly believe in a “People First” mentality and are energized by the idea of aligning benefits, compensation, and policy with this belief
- When faced with a complex situation involving many factors, you enjoy managing all of the variables – and pride yourself on making sure nothing falls through the cracks
- You are comfortable with self-directed work and require little to no micromanagement
- You love creating order and predictability out of chaos and find pleasure in ensuring every i is dotted and t is crossed
Bonus points, if:
- You’ve handled benefits management, compliance, and policy at a quickly scaling company
- You consider yourself a doer and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get to work
What’s in it for you?
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US. No more commute for you!
- A CEO and executive team who are fully committed to ensuring Limelight Health is a great place for employees to work – and empower the people ops team to ensure that happens
- Competitive pay and benefits, ample PTO, and stock options for all employees
- 4-year college degree (BS/BA) in Business/Human Resources, or a related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Human Resources operational role
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred, but not required
Factors that may contribute to success in this role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy with G Suite, MS Office, BambooHR (or other HRIS), Gusto (or other payroll), EaseCentral (or other benefits), and other cloud and local systems
- Consultative and collaborative work style
- Strong attention and adherence to ethical business practices
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Global and cultural awareness with diverse workforce
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for the organization
- Assists in the updating and maintenance of personnel policies and procedures in conjunction with the Director of People and Culture.
- Participates in updating and/or developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution and change reporting
- Approves vendor invoices for payment
- Communicates benefits information to employees; assists with annual Open Enrollment
- Enters and maintains employee data in BambooHR, Gusto, and a variety of other Human Resources specific and company-wide software applications. Creates reports as requested
- Develops and maintains an Affirmative Action Plan, files annual EEO-1 report
- Creates and posts annual OSHA-300, and maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to state and federal regulations and reporting
- Assists with new-employee orientations, ensures job descriptions are current as well as creates new job descriptions with hiring managers
- Communicates within and across departments at all levels of the company
- Participates in department and off-site meetings and seminars as needed
- Assists with preparation of training materials and programs. May present training sessions on occasion
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and department metrics in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve efficiencies and services performed
- Maintains compliance (in coordination with the Director of People and Culture) with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
A Little More About Us
Do Good – We believe that we should give back to each other, our families and our community. This means being an empathetic steward of those around us and acting with integrity.
Grit – Pushing through even though it’s hard and you feel like quitting. It’s having passion to push through barriers and achieve your objective.
Own it – We take responsibility and act as though whatever we are doing is our own. We think what would I do if I owned this, if it were mine?
Kaizen – The Japanese have a term called Kaizen’, which means continuous improvement’. Whether it is our personal relationships outside of work, how our teams interact, how we develop our product, work with our Board, our customers, our partners or others; we strive to constantly improve ourselves and each other.
Humility & Awareness – We strive to be open, authentic and inquisitive. If you are defensive, closed, insincere or think you know it all, this is not the place for you.
What We Offer:
- Remote work option available
- Competitive base salary
- Equity (via stock options)
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Top shelf technology and tools
- Knowing your product is making a difference
- Widespread demonstrated appreciation
- Direct working relationship with original founders
- The knowledge that investors are using the product
- Start-up environment
- Fun, collaborative, flexible, and remote environment
- Company happy hours and future events planned
Please do not apply to this job unless you are authorized to work in the US. We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
Limelight Health is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Powered by Froala Editor