Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) - Electo-Optical Products and Technology (EOPT) Department is currently searching for an Electro Optical / System Engineering intern with interest or experience in the EO field. Chosen team member will be responsible for spending their time learning and assisting on development programs. Chosen team member will be asked to be flexible while learning subsystem architecture, subsystem integration, or hardware design and innovation related roles that could include design, design review, production support, process and metric development.
Depending on the individual's area of interest and experience, responsibilities may include:
· Participate as mentee and Individual Contributor supporting program activities
· Optical alignment/testing of telescope assembly
· Implementation of automated test and assembly processes
· EO modeling, simulation, and analysis applications
· Requirements development, requirement validation, and subsystem trade studies
· Design of optical and opto-mechanical seeker systems and/or test fixtures for missiles
· Working with engineering and production personnel to troubleshoot and provide root cause and corrective action to design and process issues
· Support production related activities in the assembly and documentation of electro-optical subsytems
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***147900BR 147900