- Serve as the professional face of DockYard's Design department - including pursuit of conference speaking opportunities and blog post writing
- Provide long-term vision and leadership for department in product design and client services
- Develop and manage design practice and budget
- Keep up to date with all of the changing trends and think about the future of product development and design
- Partner collaboratively with leadership disciplines to deliver superior products to our clients
- Coordinate with Business Development and other relevant partners to accurately quote potential projects
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Manage a growing distributed team of awesome designers
- Establish S.M.A.R.T. goals for individual designers and provide mentorship, coaching, and development opportunities
- Maintain a culture of quality work & continuous improvement via design reviews, best practices, and self-education
- Partner with Employee Experience to recruit top design talent to join our growing organization
- Identify and drive planning of team events including training opportunities, retreats, and other events to foster development and team cohesiveness
- Oversee UI/UX design quality across all client projects
- Support business development and marketing efforts throughout the sales, project estimation, and proposal/presentation development stages
- Work directly with the management team to execute internal design projects
- Advising on product discovery phases: establishing stakeholders, identifying business goals, conducting user research, aligning iterative design with business objectives, leading user testing
- Design reviews for best practice UI/UX design across all client projects (excluding HTML & CSS implementation; we have a dedicated team for that)
- 5+ years management experience, ideally in a distributed work environment
- 7+ years working in an agency environment and/or in digital product development
- Experience building a product design practice and leading strategy
- Experience in Design Thinking methodologies
- Previous Design Director experience
- Familiarity with Sketch, InVision, Abstract, Figma, and other design-relevant software required.
- Proficiency in multiple digital Product Design methodologies
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant work
- High initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong team player.
Nice to Haves
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience managing a remote team.
- Experience leading design systems
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Powered by Froala Editor