M Luis Construction Co., Inc. is a woman and minority-owned, multi-generational, and regionally recognized asphalt manufacturer, and a heavy highway and roadway construction services company based in Silver Spring, MD.
As part of our efforts to provide high quality products and exceptional service, M. Luis Construction Co., Inc. is looking to bring on board experienced Concrete Finishers.
The position main Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
• Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
• Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it.
• Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
• Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
• Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
• Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
• Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface.
• Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
• Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
Must perform general laborer duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone that meets the following Skill Requirements to ensure high standard work delivery while developing a successful career:
• Job requires the following motions: stretching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting, and possibly lifting up to 50lbs.
• MUST HAVE CONCRETE FINISHING EXPERIENCE.
• Knowledge of slump, concrete testing, additives, curing procedures, spec requirements, weather conditions and their effect on job conditions and finishing procedures.
• Must have knowledge of proper cross slopes and acceptable tolerances of all sidewalks, ADA ramps, curbs driveways, and other concrete structures.
The person that joins our team, must have the following Preferred Qualifications:
• Concrete experience required. Must have a valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation. Spanish proficiency a plus but NOT a requirement.
If you are interested, your profile matches the company's requirements, and you are willing to be part of one of the leading companies in asphalt production and roadway construction industry to continue delivering high quality products and services, then apply today!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Resume and contact information.
You can also visit us to fill an application form at the following addresses:
12200 Plum Orchard Drive Suite 110
Silver Spring, MD 20904
Repair and Maintenance Shop:
701 Pittman Road
Baltimore, MD 21226
M. Luis Construction Co., Inc. is an EEO employer.
M. Luis Construction Co., Inc. participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.