Career Director – Middle States
Powered by big dreams and small egos, Trilogy is reimagining how skills-based learning can change the face of education. We work with experienced instructors, innovative employers, and top universities to create boot camps that prepare highly-motivated students for high-growth careers.
We put students first
We put students first because they deserve nothing less – and our university and employer partners expect nothing less. Every aspect of Trilogy’s success depends on this.
We never stop improving
We believe that continuous improvement is the source of innovation. We lend an ear to both our fans and our critics to deliver better programs, better service, better communication, and better value.
We bring a “can do” attitude
We are a team of entrepreneurs who confront challenges head-on and figure things out. We value action, effort, commitment, and learning.
We succeed only as a team
Teamwork is critical to our success, and we place a tremendous value on how we work together in our immediate teams, between our business units, and across the entire company.
We are seeking
A highly driven and passionate Career Director to provide high quality coaching to our graduates. We strive to ensure our students have the skills, knowledge, and resilient mindset needed to secure the job or promotion they are seeking upon graduation from our programs. You will be responsible for:
- ensuring students have access to the resources and support they need in order to become Employer Ready and enter the job market;
- teaching students how to develop a successful job search strategy;
- coaching students through their job search;
- encouraging them to persist in the face of setbacks and disappointments; and
- listening to, and addressing, and student concerns or challenges during their job search process.
You will coordinate with our Industry Insights and Impact team (an employer-facing team) to match students to employment opportunities.
You will report into a Regional Career Director.
High-level view of who you are:
- You are excited to engage with students and provide to them daily coaching, support and encouragement throughout the job search process.
- You utilize high quality coaching techniques to build relationships, drive results, and build the skills and mindsets of students to foster independence for lifelong success in their careers.
- You are skilled at identifying areas in which students both excel and need to improve, and can deliver that feedback in ways that feel supportive to students and ignites them to take action.
- You can build rapport quickly over the phone or video; students feel comfortable opening up to you and respect and listen to your recommendations.
- You are interested and excited about becoming an expert in the career opportunities and employer needs of the industries our students are entering Web Development, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity, UX/UI, Financial Technology, and Digital Marketing.
- You have an eye for detail and are dedicated to maintaining accurate records and reports in Salesforce.
- You know how to analyze data, draw learnings from it, and implement your findings to improve your career coaching.
- You know how to work successfully in a remote environment.
As a Career Director, you will achieve the following results:
- Ensure students who engage with Career Services are Employer Ready and secure employment with a qualifying job within 180 days of graduation
- Build positive and trusting relationships with students across the country through phone, email, and video conference channels so that you can motivate and support students as they engage in sourcing potential jobs, interviewing and negotiating salaries
- Take a consultative approach to help students identify the roles and opportunities that align with their passions; help students tailor their professional materials for those specific opportunities
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activity in Salesforce, including highly detailed notes about a student’s activities and job prospects
- Partner with the Industry Insights and Impact team to refer students for available opportunities aligned with their interests and passions
- Ensure all students who participate in Career Services are highly satisfied with their experience
- Respond to all student emails, texts, and voice messages within the same working day
- Encourage students to take advantage of the full suite of Career Service offerings including online workshops and events, and in-person Demo Days; collaborate with Profile Coaches to ensure all students have multiple opportunities to complete a high quality profile
- Interact with all students in a professional, service-oriented approach
- Utilize satisfaction data to understand strengths and opportunities for growth; implement learnings to increase satisfaction
What makes you a great fit for this role (Requirements):
- You have at least four years of experience in recruiting, education or process improvement
- You have previous experience in career services field or in professional coaching
- You’ve worked in a capacity as a mentor, coach, case manager or other role where motivating others was essential to your success
- You’ve had plenty of hits and misses, and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- You’ve successfully worked with a wide variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds
- You are technically savvy and pick up new software quickly. You have experience with, or a desire and ability to learn, various platforms including Google Docs, Zoom, and Salesforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Powered by Froala Editor