American Sign Language Interpreter
- Richland, WA
- Category: Schools – Sign Language Interpreter
- Job Type: Contract
Interested candidates should possess the ability to quickly learn and implement new and changing technologies.
Our SLIs facilitate the conversation between interpreters, students, teachers and classmates through Video Remote Interpretation (VRI). This breakthrough mobile technology doesn’t draw attention to itself, offering a low-profile solution that’s being used more and more in health and education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently interpret/translate verbal, auditory communication into sign language
- Effectively interpret between American Sign Language (ASL) and spoken English
- Advocate and communicate with program staff in the areas of skill curriculum, lesson plans, program evaluation, assessment of student’s progress for functional age appropriate activities to meet the needs of the participants and the goals of IEPs.
- NIC or
- EIPA score that meets state requirement
- 3+ years of interpreting experience in a school setting
Powered by Froala Editor